After 4 months of my craft fast, I broke that fast today.
It all came because I was out of 12″ x 12″ white cardstock, and I needed to re-stock it. While strolling the aisles (with my list), I picked up a few more goodies, too.
Here’s my StashBash Crashed items.
- 100 sheets of the Paper Studio 12″ x 12″ cardstock – a scrapper’s must have, plus I teach scrapbooking, too!
- Master’s Touch Mixed Media Pad – this cute little book had me at heavy-weight. This will be a great place to test and have FUNN painting.
- Art-i-san small paint pipettes – I love a pipette, maybe it was from those days of many science labs, but I saw them, and grabbed them
- Specialty Stencils Show Offs – looked like a nice spring collection and it was right at my finger tips. They are on a carrier sheet and the backs are a little sticky. At 12 stencils for $4.99, they are worth a try.
- the fine touch brush set – an inexpensive brush set of 9, but the real catch was they are all purpose. I only had watercolor & oil brushes, I know, poor me.
- Master’s Touch Metallic Watercolor Cakes – SIX colors, 1/2 price, and gorgeous. Really looking forward to trying these for splatters, outlines, and for those times I need to feel jazzy
- Master’s Touch Gouache Paint Set – I really intended to get a white tube, but when there are TWENTY-FOUR on sale for 1/2 price, what’s a craft supply starved waif like myself to do? That’s right – buy ’em, and that’s why I did. I knew you’d understand.
Four-months of craft supply “sobriety” really was more FUNN than I thought it would be. It felt good to not have to find places for new stuff, organize, and reorganize, forget what I may have had, hastily push that “purchase now” button only to be sorry, and use the supplies that I have and really like.
As far as paper goes? Four months, at least 13 full size layouts, 39 projects, and probably close to 500 cards later, I can’t see a dent in my supply (except white cardstock).
So, after 4-months, I’ve gone and done it – broken the inertia, and I think my new products will hold me over for a little while, but it won’t be as long, I don’t think.
Thanks for going on the journey with me.