Do you ever feel stumped, gloomy, uninspired when you sit at your crafting spot? Well, this can certainly happen, especially when you have heavy thoughts (like Covid-19) on your mind.
Well, before the virus, we at FUNN University conceived a new FB “Game Show” idea we call “Craft Roulette”! We are just getting started, but already we are getting great feed back and some participation from some FUNN friends!
The Premise of Craft Roulette
- I spin the wheel 4 times to determine the guidelines of a paper craft to be started and completed (except for possible finishing touches) during a FaceBook LIVE on mary gunn FUNN FB page.
- The guideline categories are: Projects, Colors, Elements, and Random.
- There are 24 options in each category (you can calculate the possibilities)
- The LIVE is roughly an hour long.
- FUNN friends are invited to create their own version of the challenge & post on the mary gunn FUNN FB page using the same guidelines within 48 hours of the show’s conclusion.
- 2-3 FUNN friends will have their projects posted here on my blog the following Monday. I like to change things – so look out!
Watch our second episode here.
Kudos to Vicki Emmerson and Vicky Logan for playing along with the 2nd Craft Roulette challenge! YEAH, you guys – you did a great job!
The guidelines were:
Project – 6″ x 6″ mini album
Colors – forest colors
Elements – use masking
Random – use something from your supply drawer or cart (I have mine on my Raskog by IKEA).
Give some love to Vicki Emmerson who made her own version of this mini album about her family farm. Here are just two of her wonderful pages for one of their sheep shearing days!
She followed all the guidelines and did a great job. To see all her pages, go to the Mary Gunn FUNN FB group.
And “K.C.” Vicky posted a Craft Roulette project, too! Here are just a couple of my two favorite pages. Aren’t they FUNN – look at that silly ol’ frog – very “foresty”!
This certainly isn’t craft idea sharing as in “the old days”, but I love it. I never have to make sure I’ve packed all my supplies, cleaned the bathroom,, worry about parking, or fixing dessert!
Pretty doggone FUNN, huh? Thank you for playing and being a part of this new Craft Roulette Challenge!
Thank you, ladies! BTW, both participants are currently part of our creative community on the campus of FUNN University!
I have a couple of cute bunny cards, too, which were inspired by “the wheel”.
FUNN for the week:
Monday – Crop Lab on campus
Tuesday – catch up week on campus
Wednesday – SHOUT OUT Wednesday on FB
Thursday – catch up week on campus
Friday – Craft Roulette, 6:30 p.m. Central on mary gunn FUNN FB
If you feel as though your mojo has moved on, you’re in a slump, or just can’t shake those heavy thoughts, join us either on campus as an enrolled student, or on the next Craft Roulette Challenge show. We can’t make the bad go away, but we can have a time of being delighted by the crafts we love.
Be of good cheer, and reach out to those who may be alone and frightened – but at a distance, please!
XOXO (6′ away),