I’ve been teaching paper crafts, especially stamping, card making, and scrap booking for 20 years, and I know when I see something cute, I just have to make it!
I also want all the tips and all the tricks, so I can have FUNN creating it, too.
This little project is one I would want to know about if I saw it, and I’ll get you started here.
See these panels being created on this LIVE from my MESK! video!
Which color palette tickles your fancy?
Do you like the direct stamping of the mandala or the vellum overlay from the original (scroll down) better? Am I asking too many questions?
(12:43) moving the T-square to this position was a dumbo move.
(35:00) when I said I don’t do live classes, I meant I don’t do live classes off campus. I do a boat load of live classes on the campus of FUNN U., and we are launching a NEW LIVE CLASS TONIGHT!
STUDY HALL Lab!
Things I remembered after the LIVE:
- After you finish the gradient column, sponge over the entire thing with the lightest color ink.
- Keep your fingers clean so you don’t smudge on the white you want white.
- Consider what black ink to stamp the mandala, or your stamp choice, in. I suggest a good archival or permanent ink.
- You can use pigment ink or distress oxide inks for this technique for even more variety. I used dye based (water based) ink.
- Go crazy on using these! Use it as die cut shapes, as gift tags, scrapbook elements, cards, and just about anything you want!
- Go crazy with the mandalas, too, with shimmer pens, water color pencils, Sharpies, markers, inks, water colors, or whatever suites your fancy.
Benefits of this idea
- inexpensive way to make lots of colors from very few inks
- impressive look without much difficulty or experience. Try it, it’s just paper!
- versatile background for all sorts of stamps and purposes
- a really FUNN way to spend some time at your MESK!
IF you enjoyed this free class from FUNN University, please enroll today and join us for a month of free classes including Scrapbook Labs, Cards+ Labs, Crop Lab (mandala theme this month), and the new Study Hall – which is just a hang-out creative time.
Details of these finished cards will be part of this week’s Cards+ Lab on FUNN University. Enroll today!
Check out our new calendar on FUNNUniversity.com
This week on the campus of FUNN University – see our calendar for details
Monday (6:30 p.m.)*
NEW class called Study Hall (FUNN U.)! This is a time to just have FUNN together.
Tuesday (6:30 p.m.)
Scrapbook Workshop Lab (FUNN U.) – Celebrate! layouts
Wednesday (all day)
Shout Out Wednesday (marygunnFUNN FB page)
Thursday (6:30 p.m.)
Cards+ Lab – Spinner Cards (FUNN U.) and Bring Your Husband to Class Night!
Saturday (10:00 a.m.)
NEW free FUNN U. class (marygunnFUNN FB page)
*all classes are Central time
Thanks so much for spending some time and searching for some good clean FUNN. We hope you will be inspired. Have a FUNNday MUNNday,
See you on campus!