There aren’t many ways I know to be able to support our troops. I can’t bake them a pie, invite them over to sit on my deck for some iced tea, or patch a camo knee, but I have something I can do!
And, you can do it, too!
Saturday morning on my marygunnFUNN FB page at 9:30 a.m. central, I’ll be hosting a Card Making event, and everyone can join us!
Want to make the cards with us?
These cards will then be sent to soldiers serving abroad to mail back to their family, and friends.
14 Cards = 14 Ways to Support Our Troops!
I have 14 (FOURTEEN) cards planned to make in just 2 hours!
And, I will help you to create them along with us.
But, we can do it! It is a veritable craft “crucible”, so to speak (no offense, Marines)!
To help you prepare, here is what I suggest.
– Choose 2 double-sided patterned papers – it works best if the 2 sides look good with each other.
– Choose some coordinating cardstock (scraps should be at least 5.5″ long or work for sentiment mats).
– Some White Daisy cardstock scraps – always seem like we need some of those!
– A stamp or set of stamps with a variety of generic sentiments (Happy Birthday, Thinking of You, Thank You, Happy Anniversary, etc.)
– Pre-stamp the sentiments and trim – you can get the idea in the samples.
– Lay in a bunch of great paper-to-paper adhesive.
– A 12″x12″ paper trimmer, and scissors.
– Have at least 15 (one extra for fudging) 4.25″x5.5″ folded card bases and envelopes.
Date and Time
Saturday, May 25
9:30 a.m. / Classroom opens at 9:20 a.m.
I will be cutting all the paper during the show and I plan to start right at 9:30.
The show will be broadcast from FUNN University’s campus! Currently, seeking Beta testers for a few more weeks.
Here is the 15th thing you can do to support our troops – share this event!
Either copy and paste the URL for this post or share the FB event
“FUNN Cards for the Troops Make Along Challenge! “
You can find the event towards the top of the page.
There will be some FUNN chit chat, SOME GIVE-AWAYS, and the cutest way I know to SUPPORT our TROOPS during this Memorial Day weekend.
Looking forward to seeing you at our event on Saturday.
The recorded FB event will be available on FB for 48 hours, then it will be archived in the FUNN University Library
Thank you! Please let me know if you have questions and please SHARE!