Misc

#UseItThursday – Post #3 Valentine’s Day

January 11, 2018

#UseItThursday – Post #3 Valentine’s Day

January Flash Sale!

FLASH SALE on my Close To My Heart site – click HERE!

It is #UseItThursday!
The day when we grab from our stashes and make some new mashes or #mashesfromstashes .

These silly and humble French chateau cards are doodles made on my 1″ strip scraps!
Maybe you are in the market for your own real French chateau? Here is a link to the 300 little homes for sale!
Can you imagine having one of these for a scrapbook retreat house?

You may notice the filigree edgings?
Yes, it is the Close To My Heart January Stamp of the Month Bloom and Grow!

This card developed all on its own. There was no diagram or sketch, but I really like how it turned out.
Its inspiration is based on what I had on my desk.
Thankfully, the cat was in the other room so I could access my desk!
The #UseItThursday stash piece is the striped patterned paper and silver foil.

Back to the French Chateau! Why not use your doodles, toodles?

I think this could be a very nice Valentine for a friend, especially a French friend who owns a chateau! Know any? I don’t!

Did you hear I was chosen for an entry to the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge? I was! Always so FUNN to winn!
Thank you, Color My Heart Dare Challenge aficionados.
So, I thought I’d play again today!
This challenge’s colors are Bashful, Charcoal, and Glacier.

I hope you have enjoyed my snow day and have been inspired to clear the cat off your desk and get crafty!

Have a FUNN day!

XOXO,

mary

To see more #UseItThursday projects, use my search bar to the right.

Don’t forget to check out the 24-hour FLASH SALE!

Other Recommended FUNN

, , , ,

Join The Discussion 9 Comments

9 Responses to #UseItThursday – Post #3 Valentine’s Day

1. Suzanne Reynolds
    January 11, 2018 at 8:22 pm #

Aren’t all scrappers aficionados…great word. Love your card and how you brought in the glacier gems. Enjoy your Starbucks…congratulations. Thanks for again visiting us at Color Dare’s color challenge and tomorrow we will have another great color challenge.

• Mary Gunn
      January 14, 2018 at 3:11 pm #

Yes, we are all aficionados, Suzanne.
      Thank you!
      It is FUNN to be a part of the challenges!

2. SHIRLEY ROSS
    January 12, 2018 at 9:53 am #

Love all your work Mary, you are so talented! Thank you for joining us at Color My Heart

• Mary Gunn
      January 14, 2018 at 3:11 pm #

Ah, Shirley, you are so kind. Thank you and thanks for the FUNN challenges!

3. Alyson Mayo
    January 12, 2018 at 8:03 pm #

I love this card – the addition of the tiny glacier gems are perfect to complement the charcoal and black. Thanks for playing along with us again at Colour Dare – always love to see your creations 🙂

• Mary Gunn
      January 14, 2018 at 3:12 pm #

Alyson, I do thank you! Glad to be a part of the FUNN you girls cook up at the color dare!

4. Jenifer B (DT)
    January 13, 2018 at 10:56 am #

Gorgeous works! I love them all! Thank you for playing along with us at the Color Dare Blog!

• Mary Gunn
      January 14, 2018 at 3:13 pm #

Thank you, Jenifer. Wasn’t sure what I was going to do to not go too “babyish”! Thanks for the challenge!

5. Marie Flayer
    January 18, 2018 at 5:50 am #

I love that pretty leaf background! Was that random stamped or a paper pattern that I missed? We are so happy to have you as a winner in our year end challenge and as a talented participant in our gallery. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card with us at the Color Dare blog. Looking forward to seeing more of your inspiring artwork!

🙂 Marie Color Dare DT