While I was “studying” the internet for fine blog entries, I ran across one which had leaves stamped on book pages. I thought it made a good look, so I started over to my table.
What I ended with looks so different than the inspiration, but I like it!
Instead of using a book, I stamped the type in Gray Wool (to keep it a little softer than Black). Then stamped the leaf images over the type.
Vicki at the Wizards’ Hangout blog stamped blue leaves this fall and I loved them!
So I stamped some blue leaves, too.
1. Ink the leaf stamp in Dutch Blue
2. Stamp off the edges by rolling the stamp on scratch paper to take off the blue ink on the edges of the image
3. Stamp my project and clean stamp
4. Roll the clean stamp in Autumn Terracotta
5. Stamp over the original image
Kind of a Rock and Roll technique with a twist.
This works because of the clear My Acrylix stamps from Close To My Heart are so tremendous.