Misc

Heart 2 Heart Challenge – 2-28-11 Color Challenge

February 28, 2011

Heart 2 Heart Challenge – 2-28-11 Color Challenge

Oooo, color challenges often mean the colors chosen are a challenge all on their own, but this week’s color challenge using Gypsy, Creme Brulee and Black turned out just fine for this pizza box.

What a great time to announce the April FUNN Cropp is an overnight FLOWER POWER FUNN Cropp!
We’ll be the best paper gardeners in  Linn County as we grow our FLOWER CROPPS at the FLOWER POWER FUNN Cropp!
Set the 2nd weekend of April as ours!

Other Recommended FUNN

Join The Discussion [comments]

12 Responses to Heart 2 Heart Challenge – 2-28-11 Color Challenge

1. Lisa Stenz
    February 28, 2011 at 3:23 pm #

Very cool flower Mary! How did you make it? Wish I was closer so I could come to your Flower Power Crop.

I am so glad that you agreed to be our Guest DT member this month. You sure deserve it! Your artwork is amazing! *Ü*

2. Lorrinda
    February 28, 2011 at 3:59 pm #

Seriously cool flower! You rocked this color challenge! Love having you join the DT this month, I'm an admirer of your talent:) I still wanna know how you manage to be the first entry in nearly every challenge…I have a vision of you racing into your craft room at the starting bell :)LOL! That or you never sleep on Sunday nights!

3. Melinda
    February 28, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

Love your box! Gorgeous flower. Would love to see a tutorial (hint, hint)

4. Karen Day
    February 28, 2011 at 6:53 pm #

I'm lovin' the flower, too! So glad to have you with us this month, Mary!

5. Sheila Bennett
    February 28, 2011 at 7:50 pm #

Beautiful! Love that color combo, and what you did with it. I haven't "played" the H2H challenge for a while–looks like I need to play with these colors this week.

6. Debbie Carriere
    February 28, 2011 at 11:09 pm #

Gorgeous card, Mary! So happy to have you as a guest DT member for March 🙂 Can't wait to see what you come up with!

7. Mary Gunn
    March 1, 2011 at 1:58 am #

Thank you all! I had to laugh when I read your post, Lorrinda! It has become a challenge to myself at this point! I like to get things done.

Here you go, Melinda.
    The flower was made by the circle punch, trimmed, and then scored with a paper piercer. I sponged the ends with Gypsy and then black. Also, I sanded a little in the middle so it would look more dimensional.
    There is a bit of foam under the puff to keep its shape.
    I glued the petals onto a Gypsy colored cardstock circle, then added the button.

Lisa, I'd love to have you at the Flower Power Crop! and thank you.

Sheila – do it!

I am really excited about my entry next week!
    Thanks again, I am honored to be amongst the likes of you all.

8. Corina
    March 1, 2011 at 4:21 am #

WOW MARY!!!
    Seriously? Your creations are seriously amazing. You make my jaw drop every time. I'm with Lorrinda, I want to know how you get your creation in first. LOL!!!
    And I want to attend your Flower Power Crop too.

Hooray for Mary!!!

9. Jessica
    March 3, 2011 at 8:14 am #

Wow Mary, awesome flower, you are for sure a fabulous choice for our Guest Design Team you so deserve it!

10. Andrea Ruiz
    March 3, 2011 at 6:15 pm #

Wow! I love the flower. Thank you for the instructions. I will definitely be casing it.

11. Michele
    March 6, 2011 at 10:40 pm #

You already have a lot of "WOW!"s here but I have to add my name to the list and say WOW!! Amazing flower, so totally cool and different! I absolutely Love it! Thank you for sharing!

12. Melanie
    March 9, 2011 at 1:36 pm #

Love the oversize flower!! Looks great.