I saw this pin from the I Waste So Much Time blog.
I have often thought about doing a layout about phones
because they are so much a part of my daily life!
This image may be just what I need!
And so here I go with some stream of consciousness things about phones for the layout…
- My Papa was a Bell Telephone man – insulators, climbing poles, get stories from Aunt Clara
- Aunt Clara worked for “Ma Bell”, too. Who was “Ma Bell”?
- There is some family story about my Mom having the first phone in Roxbury, KS – it was a “crank phone”.
- The old crank phones had rings specific to a household, anyone could listen to the conversations, & there were “operators” – one ringy dingy….
- My husband used to recite old phone numbers to put me to sleep! hahaha – never was good in math class. I apparently have “numerosomnia” (I love making up words, though).
- I had a pink flip phone.
- I survived being a teenager without a cell phone
- I played in an old telephone booth as a kid. You could bake a kid in there in August. I figured out how to survive without a label on it saying,
- “Do Not Put a Kid in Here in August. Kid could bake.”
- People in small rural communities still give their last four digits as their phone numbers “-5555” (not kidding)
- I have no idea what my kids’ phone numbers are.
- Getting a phone other than black was extra, rotary dials, touch tone, Princess phones
Photos are so EASY to get now – another layout opportunity!
What I might like to add for photo support:
the image above
family members on the phone ( I have a cute one of my kids – including tin can phones)
my Papa and my Aunt Clara
My Mom – Miss I LOVE My Phone 2015
my old phone booth play house
Crank phones – “old time days” really weren’t that long ago!
How To Use Your Phone Today for Tomorrow’s Scrapbook
- Take LOTS of photos
- Upload LOTS of photos
- PRINT the photos you want
- VOICE RECORDERS!
- Record a note to yourself WHEN you take the photo. You can include
- Quotes *kids say the darn-dest things*, Who, What, Where, When, Why, interviews of the participants, songs that came to mind, FUNNy moments, best/worst, etc.
What do you think?
If you like this post – let me know, please!
Sign Up for my FUNN Mail email list.
(sign up in the little box upper right)
Have a FUNN day,